Friday, March 27, 2009

Easter Buckets!

Make this little cutie: From these:

Other ideas:

The sheep dog may be my very favorite!


Is the lion too ugly for me to post? I am hoping that he's so ugly that he's actually "cute".





So easy to make! And relatively inexpensive, as well, if you have most of the items on hand.
You will need:
-metal pails (Home Depot and Lowe's have them in their paint section. You can also try a local hardware store)
-spray paint
-paint pens
-boas (these were from Hobby Lobby and Michaels)
-hot glue gun and glue sticks
-felt (optional)
I simple sprayed the cans with whatever spray paint I had. The slicker, shinier pails were harder to spray paint, as the paint seemed to drip. If you are patient and spray just a light coat and wait until the paint is dry before beginning your next coat, you will have better luck. I probably sprayed 5 or 6 light coats on these pails.
When the pails/buckets were dry, I glued the boas to the upper rim of the pail.
I then added eyes, nose whiskers using paint pens and felt. I am NOT an artist - anyone can do this.
You can have fun with this. Let me know if you come up with something else. I was trying to think of more "boyish" ideas, hence the lion. I tried making a clown with red trim and a red pom-pom for a nose, but it was U-G-L-Y.
Have fun and Happy Easter!






5 comments:

Mary Michael said...

Landons first Easter basket was like this - but it was light blue painted bucket with a yellow chick painted on it. And his name was written in white on the other side. And there was white sheer ribbon wrapped around the handle and 2 bows on the bottoms of the handles out of the same white seer ribbon...too cute. Of course, with the bows he could only use the basket a couple of years before we had to upgrade to a more boyish basket. All of the girl baskets would be super cute with white or pink sheer ribbon wrapped around the handles with bows on the sides!

Tiffany said...

MM - Cute, cute, cute idea!!

barclay said...

the lion is my favorite. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

cute!!! I'm going to cheat and use my already colored pails. Adorable!

Elizabeth said...

I like the dog! Are you selling these at LTD?