Thursday, December 25, 2008

"We are Fam-i-ly!"





These are my two younger sisters dying laughing and making fun of the gifts that I gave my mom!! I'm serious... that is what they are laughing about! They were having such a good time over there that I had to take their picture!
If you are wondering what I gave her that was so funny, I have to tell you that, first of all, I had no idea that the gifts were funny. MM said that they only reason she was laughing was because of the look on Holley's face when she saw the first gift. Otherwise, she says, she wouldn't have laughed. Right. And by the way, MM called first thing yesterday morning because her sweet husband said that I probably had my feelings hurt by the way they were laughing at my gifts. I assured her that I didn't. And I really didn't. I joined in the laughter. In fact, it became the highlight of my night.
Back in late September, Belk's was having a really big shoe sale. Their summer shoes were 75% off, then an additional 33% off the clearance price for that particular day. So... I bought my mom 5 pairs of shoes and stuck them in the attic until Christmas. I think it was my dad who said, "The 75% off, plus the additional 33% off should have been your first clue." (first clue that these shoes are ugly). ha! That really got the girls going! The first pair of shoes was a pair of canvas Keds sandals. I wouldn't wear them, but they looked comfortable, and my mom is almost 60, so I thought she'd like them (and she did, btw). Holley and MM immediately started laughing about the old lady sandals. I heard some laughing and mention of bunions. It just went down hill from there!
The funny thing is that earlier in the evening, Holley said that if she wanted the truth about something, she'd have to ask MM, NOT me. I was shocked, because I'm pretty honest when it comes to telling people - especially my 3 sisters - the truth about how this looks or that looks. So I said, "You're kidding? She said, "You'd tell mom. Then mom would tell me." Oh the dynamics of our family!! We sure have a good time, though!!

Thanking God for my fun family!!

No comments: