Tuesday, January 27, 2009

That Just Ain't Right

Dinner conversation tonight:

Me: What is that smell?

Everyone stares blankly.

Me: WHAT is that awful smell?
Son , is that your socks??
It IS your feet. Get up and go put your shoes on.

Son: But mom, can't I just take my socks off?

Me: No way. Get up and go put your shoes on.

Son comes back, slightly grinning.

M to son: Are you wearing dirty socks?

Son: Yesuh. (Yes sir)

M (firmly and loudly): You better change your socks every day. And your underwear.
If I catch you wearing dirty socks, you're gonna get a spanking.
If I catch you wearing dirty underwear, you're gonna get a spanking.
Do you understand?

Son: Yesuh.

M: When we get up, I want you to go take a bath.

Son: But I had one yesterday.

2 comments:

barclay said...

sounds familiar!

Julee H. Nappier said...

It DOES sound all too familiar!

What's funny is I can't keep my GIRLS out of the bath!