Sunday, March 1, 2009

Whatever!









Yesterday morning, at 8:10 to be exact, a tornado hit Auburn just a few miles down the road from us. The sirens had been blaring off all morning, Belle had been howling, there was a raging river pouring through our back yard. Four hours later, the sun was shining, the kids were outside playing in their flip flops- and it was 74 degrees. This morning at 6:15, it was SNOWING! I mean, it was a blizzard by Alabama standards. I can honestly say that I've never it seen it snow as hard as it snowed for as long as it snowed. It was constant snow fall from 6 a.m. til at least 2:30 p.m. Then at 4:30, the sun was back out. I thought it was raining again ,but quickly realized that it was the snow melting! Only in Alabama can you have a tornado, sunny weather, and snow all in a 24 hour period. Whatever!
The above pictures are my proof that it really did snow in Auburn today! There were lots of snowmen! KitKat was touching her head and pouting because she had just realized that her hat was missing. And what a hat it was! When she layered all of her clothing this morning and put on her hat, she asked, "Do I look pinkalicious?" (Help.)
Thanking God today for being a God of surprises! What a wild weekend!


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Tell KK that she is always pinkalicious!!

mimi said...

sve that picture of the house for your christmas card - beautiful! They both look pinkalicious, as usual. Did she make up that word? I think holley a that book in her new store. Love, mom hopefully, see you wednesday. love mom

mimi said...

boy, I just read my comment - I must remember to proof from now on, or drink my morning cup of coffee before I comment. love, mom xoxoxo

Julee H. Nappier said...

Beautiful photos of the snow!

Fun, fun!