Saturday, July 17, 2010

DIY "Silhouett-ish" Art

I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that I've been working on Sunshine's room. I'm STILL not finished with it, but I am finished with a few of the "projects" that will go in her room. I made this Eiffel Tower silhouette for next to nothing, I bought a large canvas from Hobby Lobby (half-price) and painted it blue.

I also purchased the Eiffel Tower vinyl decal (also half-price) from Hobby Lobby. I applied it on top of the blue paint.

Then I painted the entire surface of the canvas a watermelon-y pink.


When I removed the vinyl decal, I had a blue silhouette of the Eiffel Tower! Ooh la la! :)



Sunshine loves it! And I love it because it was super easy, quick, and inexpensive! My ten-year old daughter pointed out that it's off-center. Yes...I know that. I did it that way on purpose.



3 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

fun!!! i will try my hardest to make it after naps...so hope to make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Hi Tiffany! I couldn't find an email address for you, so I stopped over to leave a comment instead.

The You Are My Sunshine print for Finn's room was just something I threw together in MS Word! If you want I can send you a PDF of it.

Thanks so much for popping by to say hello!

I LOVE your daughter's room so far. The colors! The Eiffel Tower! I want to live there myself.

Anonymous said...

looks great!! may have to copy this.