Wednesday, October 8, 2008
My First Give Away!
On Tuesday of this week, a dear friend of mine and I were honored and privileged to attend a luncheon in Mobile benefiting the Waterfront Mission (homeless). The guest were speakers wee Ron Hall and Denver Moore. Ron and Denver are the two authors of one of my all-time favorite books, Same Kind of Different as Me, which I blogged about several weeks ago. Reading their story was incredible, but hearing it first hand from these two men was phenomenal and beautiful . It's mind boggling to think about where they were just 5 or 6 years ago and where they are now. And you realize that one person can make a difference. My friend and I both left the luncheon wondering what we could do to change the world and how soon could we get started. Our town doesn't have a lot of homeless people, so we'll have to be creative!
In honor of Tuesday's event, I'm having my first give away! Your chance on winning an autographed copy of "Same Kind of Different as Me" (still can't underline)is VERY good because you aren't competing against very many people! Just leave a comment in the comment section and I will use the random number generator to pick a winner. Your comment doesn't have to say anything clever. Just, "Enter me!" will be fine. I know there are a few (4, I think :)) of you who read the blog but don't leave comments. Well today, leave a comment! And if we don't know each other and you've somehow stumbled upon this blog, leave a comment! I'd love to send this book to someone I don't know well, or someone I don't know at all! If you've already read the book and you have your own copy, enter anyway. You can give this copy to someone else as a Christmas gift. Okay, MMN, JW, HE, AT?, LP?, AC, here's your chance! I'll "draw" the winner Sunday evening and e-mail you afterwards. If you don't win, I urge you to get your hands on a copy of this book. After you've read it, call me if you have any ideas on how we can change the world! I'll be thinking and praying about it, too!
Thanking God today for the opportunity that B.S. (yes, that's my friend's initials) and I had on Tuesday to hear these incredible men , and praying for a way to make a difference in this world.
In honor of Tuesday's event, I'm having my first give away! Your chance on winning an autographed copy of "Same Kind of Different as Me" (still can't underline)is VERY good because you aren't competing against very many people! Just leave a comment in the comment section and I will use the random number generator to pick a winner. Your comment doesn't have to say anything clever. Just, "Enter me!" will be fine. I know there are a few (4, I think :)) of you who read the blog but don't leave comments. Well today, leave a comment! And if we don't know each other and you've somehow stumbled upon this blog, leave a comment! I'd love to send this book to someone I don't know well, or someone I don't know at all! If you've already read the book and you have your own copy, enter anyway. You can give this copy to someone else as a Christmas gift. Okay, MMN, JW, HE, AT?, LP?, AC, here's your chance! I'll "draw" the winner Sunday evening and e-mail you afterwards. If you don't win, I urge you to get your hands on a copy of this book. After you've read it, call me if you have any ideas on how we can change the world! I'll be thinking and praying about it, too!
Thanking God today for the opportunity that B.S. (yes, that's my friend's initials) and I had on Tuesday to hear these incredible men , and praying for a way to make a difference in this world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hi...I want to win!!! : ) I love "blogstalking" your blog...JC
Hey!! Did you see I gave you a blogger award, so maybe a few people will go to your blog from that. That should make this drawing a little more interesting!
Enter me too, if I qualify.
No, sorry. You can not use the boring excuse. Have you ever read your blog?
The tooth story could have been one, pink and green can be one, what was your first car, your first pet, your first job (mine was the Hardee's drive thru)
Hey Tif,
Ignore my email...my links got messed up, your blog is fine!
P.S. Enter me!!
The blog looks fine on my computer. I got caught up on your blogs for the week. Too funny - I am wiping tears away, first from laughing about Ross's ( I had forgotten that story) and now crying about that old lady telling you how you would miss the fingerprints on the windows one day. Can I blame my hormones!?
Hey TA...I love to read and need a new book so enter me!
I love reading about your life, I think it helps us all feel a bit less alone when we all read about others crazy hectic lives...maybe one day I'll get into the personal blog arena, right now I have my hands full with the preschool blog...much love,emmy
Emmy - This is so fun -I didn't know you read my blog! I'm sure some of these stories sound familar to you! Glad to know I can help make you feel better about yourself - just compare yourself to me!! Looking forward to Fri.!
Hey my St. Luke's BFF! I have to be out of town the last week of the month and was going to buy this book since you so strongly recommended it but if I win it, it'll save me a trip to Barnes and Noble! Love the blog ~ JHR
ps...AAA looks EXACTLY like you did when we were cute little cheerleaders a few years ago!
Post a Comment