Sunday, October 12, 2008

What is it about cousins?!



What is is about cousins?! Why are young cousins so attracted to each other? How do they know to love each other like that? Do they see a resemblance? Do they feel a special connection? I've never seen anything like it! (Although I was the same way with my own cousins when I was little. ) My children's cousins on both sides of our family are their very best friends! They love each other through and through. In fact, Sunshine even wants to be one of her cousins!


I bet we can all agree that the relationship between our children and their cousins is something rather magical and even mysterious. When they are together - oh, it melts my heart! Li'l Man has a special cousin and I am so thankful for that relationship because Li'l Man has 3 sisters and no brothers! And boy does he want a brother! I'd give him one if there was a guarantee that it would be a boy . But there are no guarantees. And it's not that I don't want another girl - well, actually, it is. Honestly, I don't want a boy or a girl, but I'd be willing to have another child if I knew it would be a boy. And then I would love it as much as I love the rest of these little ones, but at this point, the desire just isn't there! Anyway...back to the cousins! It is such a rare, magical, special relationship! My sister just spent the weekend here with her three little ones. There were lots of tears and even some wailing when they left today. I LOVED watching those kids play together! It reminded me of my own childhood. The boys (ages 8,6, and 5) played tackle football in the front yard. The girls (ages 3, 4, and 5) played barbies and babies in their bedrooms upstairs. The girls were like teenagers! Within minutes of AL's arrival, they had thrown open her suitcase and tried on all of her clothes. AL only wore KitKat's and Sunshine's outfits while she was here, and KitKat only wore AL's clothes - down to the panties. KK loved AL's Dora panties, and AL loved KK's Barbie panties!

The pictures were taken this past weekend while my sister was here. Can you believe I only took ONE picture of the boys?!? However, this ONE picture says a thousand words. For those of you who know SJ, you know that he doesn't do germs. But there he is, in the middle of his brother and cousin, sharing out of the same drink! I'm telling you...it's a cousin thing!

My sister has already called today. We're trying to plan our next "cousin-fix."
In fact, we're trying to plan it for this coming weekend!

Thanking God today for our cousins! What a blessing!

1 comment:

barclay said...

Cousins are special! Glad you had such a fun weekend.