

"Easy like Sunday Morning"???? Well if that isn't an oxymoron...
What's easy about Sunday morning?! Like I said, I'm pretty sure Lionel Richie didn't go to church.
Let's take this morning, for example. AAA was easy, as always. But she's about the only one. (Although this morning, we locked the front door, started the car, and then looked around and realized that we had locked AAA in the house. ) Little Man can't stand his church shoes, but I insists that he wear them because they cost more than my shoes. So we start off, like we do every Sunday morning, arguing about his shoes. Guess who won? (Me). Sunshine is easy, except for the fact that she takes a fork and rakes them across her tights and creates a hole the size of my fist. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the hole until we were already church. Her daddy decided to TAPE the hole together. I'm not sure which was worse - the hole or the hole with tape on it. And KitKAt...well, where should I start? Should I just start with her suggesting that she couldn't carry her plate from the table to the sink because "it's too heavy." Or should I start with her complaining about her tights that itch her (along with her shirt and dress)?! Or when I suggested that we brush her hair and she insists that it has already been brushed. Or when we try to brush her teeth and she refuses to open her mouth because she's afraid that I'll brush her loose teeth? Or when she refuses to eat because she's afraid her loose teeth will fall out? Like I said... ain't nothin' easy about Sunday morning! I'm usually in a mood by the time we make it to the car. Everyone knows it. Typically they stay out of the way. But M had the nerve to say - on the way out of the door - "You sure do wait to the last minute." Is he crazy? Don't say that to mama on the way out of the door. Even the kids know better.
I'm just glad we get to go to church on Sunday mornings to ask God to forgive us for all of the sins we've committed on Sunday morning. Poor M, he has to ask God AND me to forgive him!
P.S. KitKat has a REALLY cute dress on under that blue jean jacket!
5 comments:
"A Mama does more sinnin on Sunday Mornin than any other day of the week" That is my favorite saying, and I say it EVERY Sunday!
tiff, you're a hoot! hugs and kisses, mama
P.S. it runs in the family - we all got a kick out of dad, (even dad laughed). He always plays beautiful Contemporary slow music in the car on the way to church - he says it sets the mood and puts him in a "Holy" mindset/prepares him for the sermon. typically all of us are pretty quite. About 8 Sundays ago, a car had the nerve to pull out in front of him and w0w - the words that came out of his mouth @#*!W in the middle of cum ba yah, my love. We all died laughing at the "sinnin' on Sunday mornin'," quoting Elizabeth.
Just glad to know it happens elsewhere too!
Gotta love Lionel even though he's CLUELESS!(:
Funny Tiff! I love the jean jacket over the smocked dress. :)
Post a Comment