



Meet Lucy, my neice. She's very, very smart.
And the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
Lucy was taking it all in. Her little eyes were very alert for a day old baby. She ever so slowly turned her fat little neck from one side to the other. Her eyes would shift gently. She'd yawn. She'd hiccup. She'd sneeze. She'd root. She'd find her hands and clasp them together. She'd stretch her toes...I could have eaten her up! Her hair curled up right above her ear. It stuck out just a very tiny bit. When she sucked, I think I saw a dimple in her right cheek. And she already knows her ABC's. (It runs in the family).
As I drove back from Birmingham this afternoon, I reflected on the almost magnetic pull that suddenly propelled me out of bed this morning. I couldn't get to Birmingham fast enough. The morning was almost reminiscent of a Sunday morning. I was rushing the kids, putting on mascara in the car, grabbing a pair of socks for Sunshine while yelling we'd put her shoes on in the car. You get the idea.
But you can clearly see from the pictures above why I was so eager to get on the road and get out of town.I knew there was a little girl waiting on me. And a bigger little girl, my little sister, waiting to show her off.
On my drive home,I experienced a keen awareness of the bond that sisters share. It is something that can't be replaced, manufactured, or even described accurately. It's not a friendship, which can come and go as often as the tide comes in. It's not a romance, which can sometimes suddenly end and both parties move on. It's something much more profound, more permanent, more secure.
It's one of the few things that can get a person out of bed at the crack of dawn and send them speeding down the highway to the hospital where her sister is waiting in her hospital bed with a newborn baby in her arms. It's beautiful. And so is Lucy!
Love, Aunt Tiffy

7 comments:
I love you - they are all blessed to call you sister. And she is beautiful, just like her cousins - all ten of them.
I loved playing house and dress-up with sunshine and kit kat today. They are so precious. I know this is really awful for mimi to say-I can hardly believe I am admitting it - but I love it when they cry to stay and don't want to leave..Is that mean of me? Love mom xoxoxox
What a beautiful baby! And really beautiful pictures! Your sister will be so thankful for those pictures.
So I have an idea for you...You need to put all these blogs and photos into one of those books from snapfish (any photo site) so that you can cherish them forever. I think that would be really neat for your children in their future.
Congrats to you and your family!
She's beautiful!!!(:
Love these pictures!! Mary M will be so excited to see them! She is such a doll- she slept while I was there but was beautiful even with her eyes shut. Durham and Mae were so excited to finally meet her. Love was oozing out of them. Good to see you! You did awesome on the presents you got. Hope you got the Fancy Nancy doll for hannah today at Target. Its really cute!
I AM blessed to call you sister! I too have thought about that "magnetic pull" and can only controbute it to true sisterhood. I couldn't wait for you to get there that morning and be able to show Lucy off! The pictures are awesome...your the best!!
You all grow some beautiful girls! That baby looks like a TV baby (you know the kind they want you to believe are a day old, but really have to be 4 months old). Too pretty - all of you! Makes me wish I had sisters of my own!
Post a Comment