Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sunset

Did anybody see the sunset in Auburn today? It may have been my all-time favorite sunset ever - anywhere. I chased it! I had my camera but I couldn't stop the car long enough to take a stationery picture, so they are all blurry. When I saw the sunset, I knew I wanted to put it on my blog. So I had already decided that it would be a peaceful post with a beautiful picture and one or two sentences. That's it. But as I headed from Moore's Mill to Cary Woods, I followed the sunset. I ended up on campus and thus began my Road Rage, which not only destroyed my mood but also this post! I sat at a red light for FOUR minutes with no one else around me. I f you live in a college town, there should be a rule that the traffic lights need to be re-synchronized when the students are gone! When the students are here, it's not any better, but at least there are other cars around you so you feel a little better. There are days that it takes me TWENTY minutes to get from Parkway to Cary Woods. And if there's a train...don't get me started! The last day of school before we were out for Christmas, I was REALLY running late. I forgot to allow twenty extra minutes for the red lights downtown. So, I ran a stop sign on my way home. And guess what...I was pulled over. Then he asked for my insurance. Man - M had just given me our current insurance info and said, "Put this in your car." Two days later, it was on the kitchen counter. He handed it to me again and said, "Put this in your car." I stuck it somewhere (not in my car). So I explained to the nice officer that I only had my expired insurance information and that everything was the same except for the date. He took my license and called it in. I held my breath because I knew that I had a $5 parking ticket that I had received while drinking coffee at Bazilia's. And because I didn't have $5 cash on me at the time, I didn't pay it. I think it's sitting with the insurance stuff. Anyway - the good news for me is that the parking ticket is in M's name. Thank goodness he doesn't read this blog! The other good news...Office A. Harris told me Merry Christmas and let me go with a verbal warning! (Did you really want to know all of this). Point of my story - the sunset tonight was phenomenal!
Photobucket src="http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/amandaleaparker/tiffanyfinal.jpg" border=0>

3 comments:

The Cleggs said...

Oh my goodness...we saw it too!! Wasn't it wonderful? I have always thought Auburn had the most beautiful sunsets...hope you all had a great Christmas!

Elizabeth said...

I did see the sunset! The kids and I were in awe as we drove home on Hamilton Rd. from Tiger Town. We chased it a little too. Because Wheeler swore it had a rainbow in it.
I didn't know you got a ticket after Bazillias!
I would like to go there again soon.

Tiffany said...

Still want to go Out of the Box! Miss you!