Friday, January 2, 2009

Can I just put a book on his head to keep him from growing?




My just-turned-seven year old Li'l Man spent the last four days st the beach with his all-time favorite cousin. I met my sister at the Burger King In Greenville yesterday to exchange kids (I had her four year old princess). I turned my airbag off and let my son sit in the front seat beside me so that we could talk about his trip. He had a blast!! He took his shoes off, then his socks. I immediately regretted my decision to allow him to sit in the front seat. I had been excited about going through Montgomery and stopping AT Krispy Kreme, and suddenly I was thinking, "I won't be able to enjoy my Hot Now with that smell!" So I said, "Your feet REEK!" He grinned and said, "Thanks!! I've been wearing the same socks all four days." "Why?!?" I asked (I knew that I had packed extra socks). He said, "I just balled them up and stuck them in my shoes at night, and in the mornings I put them back on." Then he stuck the sock up to his nose and inhaled. He then commented, "This would make a good air freshener. You should try it!" I reached over to pat the top of his head. He gently grabbed my hand, kissed it, rubbed it on the side of his face, then placed it on the arm rest and leaned against it. I knew his hands were sweaty and smelled like feet, but I was good with it! I love that little rascal!

I used to worry about this little fella being surrounded by a house full of girls. No worries. He's all boy!

Thanking God for this little man in my life!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Awww. I love it when Wheeler rubs my hand on his face. You think I need to worry about Wheeler? Do you think he's all boy?

Elizabeth said...

I love that 2nd picture. Do you see the foot sticking up out of the water?

Julee H. Nappier said...

That "boy" smell! Gotta love it!

I saw this movie once where this woman lost her son. He was about 10 or so. I don't even remember what happen to him...how he died, BUT I DO remember her picking up a shirt he had worn while playing and smelling it. She just broke down.

It really got me...I love that smell.(: