Friday, January 16, 2009
So KitKat wet the bed the other night. In fact, it was Tuesday night. So Wednesday morning I put the fitted sheet and mattress cover in the washing machine. Then I cleaned the house because I had a PTA meeting at my house at noon. The meeting lasted until 2:00. After the meeting, I picked the kids up from school, came home, ate "lunch" (didn't have time because I was too busy cleaning and hosting), helped AAA with spelling and math, spent my 15 minutes a day trying to teach KitKat how to read, prepared dinner, cooked dinner, set the table, ate dinner, washed dishes, and bathed children. Then I remembered that KitKat's sheets were still in the washer. I'm not one of these moms who has several matching sets of sheets. I have one set of sheets per bed. When they are dirty, I wash them and put them right back on the bed (in theory!). So KitKat slept on the floor at the foot of my bed in her new sleeping bag.
Fast Forward. It's Thursday. I woke up, took the kids to school, went to the gym, hit all thrift stores in the Auburn/Opelika area trying to find 30 cheap vases for Teacher Appreciation Week, fixed lunch for KitKat and Sunshine (I ate a 17 second-microwaved hotdog on a piece of white bread while standing up and loading the dishwasher), spent my 15 minutes a day trying to teach KitKat to read, picked kids up from school, helped AAA with math and spelling, prepared dinner, cooked dinner, set the table, ate dinner, washed dishes, and bathed children. Then M asks, "Does KitKat have clean sheets on her bed?" I reply (nicely), "Oh. I was just about to ask if you could put them on her bed. They're clean and dry." He says, halfway serious, "Noooo." I looked at him like he had lost his mind and asked (not so nicely), "Why?? Because you've been at work all day and I've been watching Oprah and eating bon-bons?" He says - I mean he actually has the nerve to say -" I just thought that at some point in the last 48 hours you would have had a chance to wash her sheets and put them back on her bed." Oh no he ditt -in'! I won't tell you what I said next! And then what he said after that. And what I said after that. And guess who put the sheets on the bed (I'll give you a hint...it wasn't the lady who watched Oprah and ate bon-bons all day!).
Fast Forward. It's Thursday. I woke up, took the kids to school, went to the gym, hit all thrift stores in the Auburn/Opelika area trying to find 30 cheap vases for Teacher Appreciation Week, fixed lunch for KitKat and Sunshine (I ate a 17 second-microwaved hotdog on a piece of white bread while standing up and loading the dishwasher), spent my 15 minutes a day trying to teach KitKat to read, picked kids up from school, helped AAA with math and spelling, prepared dinner, cooked dinner, set the table, ate dinner, washed dishes, and bathed children. Then M asks, "Does KitKat have clean sheets on her bed?" I reply (nicely), "Oh. I was just about to ask if you could put them on her bed. They're clean and dry." He says, halfway serious, "Noooo." I looked at him like he had lost his mind and asked (not so nicely), "Why?? Because you've been at work all day and I've been watching Oprah and eating bon-bons?" He says - I mean he actually has the nerve to say -" I just thought that at some point in the last 48 hours you would have had a chance to wash her sheets and put them back on her bed." Oh no he ditt -in'! I won't tell you what I said next! And then what he said after that. And what I said after that. And guess who put the sheets on the bed (I'll give you a hint...it wasn't the lady who watched Oprah and ate bon-bons all day!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds familiar!!!
What a fabulous blog spot!!!
Sister!!!
Girl... do I ever know what you're talking about!! Let's just all promise we'll raise our sons to value all the things we women do behind the scenes that keeps everyone's lives running so effortlessly. Or better yet.... let's promise to raise them to do it themselves!
Ha lar re us!
When I need to smile, I know just where to go...you crack me up!
Love it,
emmy
Post a Comment