Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, little love...

Your eighth year in review:
































"Suddenly, through birthing a daughter, a woman finds herself face to face not only with an infant, a little girl, a woman-to-be, but also with her own unresolved conflicts from the past and her hopes and dreams for the future...As though experiencing an earthquake, mothers of daughters find their lives shifted, their deep feelings unearthed." - E. Debad



Today my oldest child, my little girl, turns nine years old. Nine years. Wow. That means that next year she'll be in double digits and that just breaks my heart. I never really understood it when my mom or my grandparents said to me, "I wish I could put a brick on your head to keep you from growing." I would so put a brick on her head if I could. I love watching her grow and become her own unique, beautiful person, but I would put that brick on her precious little head in a New York minute. Slowly but surely my little girl is growing into a young woman. A beautiful young woman both inside and out.


I don't even think that there are words to describe this little angel of mine. She is her own little person and I love her to pieces. She is competitive, active, responsible, friendly, independent, affectionate, funny, bright, lovely. She makes me proud. She makes me worry that I am not a good enough mom to her. She deserves the very best. I hope I am adequate. But I don't even want to be just "adequate". I don't want to fail her. She is so lovely and I want to be the mother to her that God wants me to me. And I am so aware that I fall short every single day. One thing is for certain, though, and that is that she keeps me trying. I adore this little lady and I want to be the BESTEST mom to her. I want her to know that I try. I want to nurture her and lead her to Him.



Triple A, I am so proud of the young lady you've become. You know Jesus and He knows you even more. That calms me and reassures me. I love watching Him mold you into the person He created you to be. I am so blessed to be your mom.

Happy 9th Birthday, my little love.

1 comment:

mimi said...

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful young lady. She is so special. you should blog more about her incredible wisdom that surpasses that of most adults. I love her to pieces, too. And yes, you made me cry, again. love mom xoxoxoxoxoxox.