Since I opened "La T Da" at Angel's Antiques, my house has been completely neglected and my dining room has been converted in to a sweat shop. I have two sewing machines out at all times, piles of fabric and poly-fil, mounds of frames, stacks of prints, a various assortment of lamps, and possibly a hundred cans of spray paint.
Originally, we had planned on having our annual Easter family dinner at the lake. However, the "men folk" realized that the Masters would be on TV, and since we don't have a tv at the lake, that pretty much made our decision to have it at our house. At first I was O.Kay with it, but then I remembered why I wanted to have it at the lake in the first place...so I wouldn't have to clean my dining room. I gasped for breath when on Wednesday of last week, I realized that I would have to have my house cleaned by bedtime Saturday night. Yikes!!
I was up until the wee hours of morning Saturday night/Sunday a.m. cleaning my house, preparing food, dying eggs, playing Easter Bunny, ironing Easter outfits, polishing shoes, making salad dressing, setting the table, trimming asparagus, cutting lemons, etc. So everything that was in my dining room, is now in my guest bedroom. Take a peek (if you dare):





Oh, but look at this great lamp I picked up off the side of the road!

And this awesome vintage chandelier:

And these colorful nautical pillows I made:

And this awesome white ceramic bamboo lamp:

So if you're a good frind of mine and you are reading this blog and were planning a visit anytime soon...please don't come! You'll have to sleep in the dining room!
2 comments:
SO funny. Brings back memories errr I mean nightmares of my dining room (and living room) being a clothing warehouse...YIKES!!! We had a great time Easter, thanks so much for cleaning your diing room and hosting! :)
Wow! Do I need to call 'Clean House' for you? LOL- Paula
Post a Comment