Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jillian Michaels is not my Friend!

I had actually never even heard of Jillian Michaels until yesterday. But I think I'm probably the only person in the United States who had never heard of her. But all of a sudden, I was hearing about "The Shred" everywhere I went. So I bought the DVD yesterday at Target. I should have known there would be trouble when my 7 year old and 9 year old looked at the cover of the DVD, then looked at each other and laughed. L'il Man said, "Mom, she's gonna KILL you." He was right! Today was Day One and I am already sore! So is my pride. I don't know why I waited until school was out to start my workout. At one point there were 8 (EIGHT!) kids watching me workout. I would have told them to "Get Out!" but I could barely breathe, much less talk or yell. And occasionally they would ask me questions like, "Mom, can I have a Popsicle?" , and I would whisper, "can't talk". ( I think they took that as a "yes" because I noticed Popsicle sticks on the front steps.) There's really nothing more aggravating than having little kids critique you while your working out. "Your back isn't straight." "Why are your knees on the ground while you're doing push-ups?" "I've never seen you do jumping jacks." Ugh!! Tomorrow I will work out while the kids are in school!
But I've taken the challenge and I'll keep you posted (maybe).

5 comments:

The Cleggs said...

Ok, I am "shredding" too - just started last week!!! It is so similar to bootcamp workouts - it is killing me! My legs were so sore the first 2 days...keep me posted on how you are doing! I'll be thinking about you!

mimi said...

you go girl!!! love mom. I love yesterday's blog - I don't know how I missed it. AMEN!!! I love those stories! Remember, when they misunderstood my story bout Santa in the War Zone?? We never know what impressions we make on them, or what visions they conjure up in those little heads. Too cute> can't wait till Sunday. I hope Dad didn't make it too hard on everybody else. love mom.

Taylor Wise said...

Hilarious post! I laughed out loud about the thought of all the kids watching. I would be in pitiful shape if it was me!

Mary Michael said...

If it makes you feel any better, I had to google Jullian Michaels. Maybe I will buy a copy and start "shredding too" Will let you know!

Julee H. Nappier said...

I agree with Mimi...YOU GO GIRL!!!(;