Friday, August 14, 2009

Hmmm..

Just read a Caring Bridge site of a local family who has a little girl the same age as my AAA. Their little girl has battled cancer for the past few years and it looks like it may be back. This was the last sentence of the mom's entry from today: Be kind to a stranger, settle an argument, hug your kids, and be thankful for your blessings.

It's the truth, y'all. We're so blessed and it's so easy to take it all forgranted. Be kind to a stranger. How hard is that? Tomorrow I am going to seek out strangers just so I can be nice to them!

Settle an argument. Good advice. Fortunately I don't think I have any going on right now, but if I did... Really, when I am at odds with someone, it eats me alive. Life is too short to hold a grudge - life is too good to hold a grudge. There are so many more important things in life than the petty things that keep us from being a good friend. Be reminded by the mom of that little girl who is about to face a serious operation. Settle the argument. Be a good friend. Forgive. Enjoy life.

Hug our kids. Need she say more. You just never know when it's going to be your turn (or your child's turn) to face a tragedy. Hug your kids. They are only kids ONCE. This is their childhood. Give them sweet memories.

Be thankful for your blessings. This one is the hardest one for me. I feel so darn ashamed of myself when I think of the things that I complain about. It's ridiculous, really, that I complain about anything. We are all blessed - with family, friends, health, love, healthy children. I think...with this blog as my witness, that I am going to start each day by listing 5 things that I have to be thankful for. I hope that this will become a habit for me. Life is easy, girls. WE make it hard. What do we really have to complain about?? I WILL be thankful for my blessings!

Thanking God today for family, friends, and healthy children. I gotta go kiss 'em right now.

1 comment:

Mary Michael said...

So true!! I have already been crying the past couple of hours. A friend of ours died Sunday while in his attic by electrocution. He was 32 years old and has 2 beautiful small children ages 3 and 1. My heart breaks for his wife and his children and I don't know who more. The wife for losing her husband and the father to her kids and knowing it wasn't meant to turn out this way or the children who will never get to know their dad. We all need to count your blessings and never take a day or minute on this earth for granted!