Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mommy Who?

When I was 9 months pregnant with Sunshine,the rest of the family and I were all sitting on the bed, just talking. M. was leaning against the headboard, AAA and my Little Man were sitting in the middle of the bed, and I was sitting on the edge of the bed (at the foot), holding 6 month old KitKat in my lap. All of a sudden, I began to lose my balance. I tried to hand KitKat to Mark before falling backwards off of the bed. M. knew what was happening - he reached for Kit Kat and I had my arms outstretched so that he could take her. We were successful with the "baby hand-off"but I continued falling backwards.


The fall did little more than knock the wind out of me, but because it did knock the wind out, I couldn't talk. This caused M. to panic a little. He thought I was going to go into spontaneous labor right then and there. He ran and put KitKat in her bed and yelled to AAA and Li'l Man to go to their rooms, and ran back to me. By now I could mouth, "I think I'm O.Kay", but I still couldn't talk. M. managed to help me back on the bed - this time lying down. Within a few minutes I was back to "normal" and the children came back in to the room. AAA looked at me and ever-so-sweetly said, "Are you Okay, Mommy? It scared me. I said a prayer to God... I thought you was dying and I didn't know WHO was going to brush my hair!"


Well O.Kay Then! I see where my place is in this family... I understand my value.


Little has changed in the 4 years since that incident. After yesterday's little fender-bender, one of the children told me that she was glad that I wasn't hurt in the accident because "Daddy doesn't make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches like you do, mommy."


Thanks.


Thanking God today for ...hmmmm...


Thanking God today for being here and being able to fix hair and make peanut butter & jelly sandwiches! I wouldn't trade it for the world!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love your stories!! You are a fantastic writer. Sorry I've been out of sorts and really not in the blogging world this week.

You know why? I'v been at the gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I haven't, Kate was at home sick M and T so I just went back today.