Looking at the loot:
Round and round we go:

Ready for the show!

Silly scuba diver (and silly L'il Man!):
"Petting" the fish. When we left here, KitKAt ordered, "Nobody lick your arms!"

Lovin' on Mommy:

L'il Man and the only other boy cousin there:

More mommy-lovin' :
The Golden Egg:
Lookin' good:
Listening carefully for egg-hunting instructions:
So we left Friday for Tennessee to visit our cousins for an annual Easter Eggstravaganza. There are 18 cousins on M's side of the family, and my four kids are the youngest cousins. This works out really well for me because the older cousins "take over" my children and I have a duty-free weekend. Rare. The older cousins are so awesome because they even GIVE my kids the golden egg and let them think that they somehow found it. This year, Sunshine "found" the coveted Golden Egg. My kids think they are something special. How do I know? Because they say things like, "It's always someone in OUR family who finds the golden egg." Weird how it happens like that.
After spending the night with the cousins on Friday night and enjoying the Easter Egg Hunt and a lovely lunch on Saturday, we headed to Chattanooga. We walked across the bridge over the Tennessee River, ate dinner at Good Dog, walked around downtown allowing the children the great privilege of handing out change to the many musicians along the streets, which brings me to a great story... L'il Man came in the kitchen today and asked me for a pot or a pan to take outside. I assumed he was going to play in the sand box. I told him he couldn't have my pots and pans, but that he could take whatever he wanted from the play kitchen. So he took a bright green strainer. I didn't think a thing about it until my neighbor called and said that L'il Man was playing the guitar on the curb with a colander in the street! The boy was hoping for some change in his colander!
But back to our trip. The kids swam in the hotel pool Saturday night. We wore them out and slept late (til 7!) Sunday morning. We had breakfast then visited the Aquarium at 10:00. I don't know why, but I have never been a big fan of Aquariums. Fish smish. So I'm always amazed when my children go nuts for tanks full of fish. Part of the fun was the area where the kids could touch the fish, stingrays, and even baby sharks. Truly exciting. After leaving that area with wet hands, arms, and shirts, KitKat ordered, "No one lick your arms." Just in case.
From the Aquarium, we walked across the street to the IMAX theater. Again, I don't like stuff like that. But guess what...neither did the kids. KitKat and Sunshine fell asleep with their 3-D glasses on! Darryl Hannah's voice just didn't capture our attention while she spoke about dolphins and whales and green peace. But the picture of the family in their 3-D glasses sure turned out cute, which is more important than I'll ever admit.
After the theater, we walked to the park. I could have stayed there all day and people-watched. The weather was beautiful and the park was full of people, music, animals, picnics. The kids rode on the carousel a few times and then slid down the hill on cardboard boxes. Besides the escalators and revolving doors at the aquarium, this was the hi-light of the trip (and FREE!). They were so "high" from sliding down the hill that they stayed awake the entire way home. All four of them. I couldn't believe it! M and I were beat! We played the Alphabet game a few times, but my family stresses me out. I don't have a competitive bone in my body, but they are all cut-throat. So after a few cut-throat rounds of the Alphabet Game, I called it quits. I decided to pass the time by playing my own private Alphabet Game. It was so nice. No one was trying to race me, no yelling out or bickering about who saw it first, etc. But M leaned over and asked, "What are you thinking about?" I replied, "Don't tell, but I'm playing the Alphabet Game by myself. I'm on F." Within 10 seconds, he says, "I'm on G. There's an H! An I. A J. What are you on??" "Um, I quit at F." But then I quietly played in my head again and when I got to Z, I let them know it! I beat 'em all!
Anyway, if you live close enough to Chattanooga to drive, it's well worth a visit with kids. Too much fun!!
2 comments:
Looks like yall had a blast!
Gosh it looks like fun - wished we all could have been there. Be sure and tell the kids that mimi and y'all used to fly down hills on boxes when you were little. A southern version of sledding without the snow.Can't wait to see all of you on Easter!!!love momxoxoxox to the kidsv(
Post a Comment