Friday, August 21, 2009

Not your typical empty nesters!

M is on call this weekend so the children and I made plans to go to Birmingham this weekend. My sister, Holley, is having the soft opening of her new candy store (Sugar Doodlez) and I thought it would be fun to attend and to visit with my parents. I thought my parents would probably be feeling a little lonely since their youngest two children moved out this week. Boy was I wrong!

My mom called yesterday to "uninvite" me to stay with them. It seems as if she and my dad are celebrating this weekend - their first weekend in over 30 years that they don't have any kids at home!

Apparently they aren't having the "empty nest" syndrome that seems so be so common with parents when their children leave home. I guess by the time #'s 5 and 6 finally leave the house, the parents are packing their (the kids) bags and kicking them out of the house. "Don't come home unless we call you," they think (or say!).

Anyway, Happy Empty Nest Mom and Dad! Have a fun weekend!

XO!

(Don't worry about us...we'll stay at a hotel this weekend.)

1 comment:

mimi said...

you are so funny. Be sure and tell your friends you DID NOT stay in a hotel! I did invite you to come on Saturday and spend the night, but you turned me down. We had a full house. Landon and LUcy spent the night and Rett came home Sat. night (he just left for Auburn last Sunday, and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday he was at your house!) We loved having him though, he even stayed home on Sat. nite and the 5 of us went to Sunday church. Love you. When's the Fancy Nancy Party? love, mom xoxoxo