Thursday, September 18, 2008
To Blog or Not to Blog....
I received an interesting e-mail from my mom last night with the subject being "Hurt feelings." I haven't talked to her much lately so I couldn't possibly imagine how I could have hurt her feelings. Little did I know that it's because I haven't talked to her lately that her feelings are hurt. She doesn't like the blog because I don't call her 5 times a day anymore. Well the reason I don't call her 5 times a day is because I figure that she can check the blog to see what's happening in our lives. I called her early this morning to tell her that I really created the blog with her and my other family members and friends in mind. I thought it would be a great way for friends and family to keep -in-touch. Mom, however, says that when she reads my blog, there is no one in the background yelling, "I wanna talk to Mimi. Can I talk to Mimi?" She misses the more personal phone calls where she can actually hear my voice and her grandchildren's voices. So now what am I to do?!? I have a dilemma on my hands! Mom couldn't believe that she had to READ that I had a fender bender on Monday and that I didn't call to tell her about it.
I'm sure there are a few people out there who LOVE the fact that they can't hear my children in the background. When I'm talking to my sisters on the phone, it goes something like this.
Sister: Hey. What are you up to?
Me: I'm walking into Kroger.
Sister: I found out I'm having a GIRL!
Me: Oh, sister, I'm so happy for you!! I can't wait to meet her!
Me: No.
Sister: No what?
Me: I was talking to AAA. She asked for Teddy Grahams. No.
Sister: Now no what?
Me: Sunshine was asking for fruit roll ups. Hand on just a second. KitKAt, take that out of the basket. Everyone put a hand on the basket and let's stay focused. O.kay. Sorry. I'm back. Now what were you saying?
Sister: I'm gonna have a girl.
Me: Oh I'm so happy for you. I want to help decorate the nursery. Stop that.
Sister: Stop what.
Me: Oh Lil Man just pulled KitKat's hair to get her attention. Sorry. So how many weeks are you? AA, grab some Apple Juice and put it in the buggy please. But back to the nursery. Have you thought about it?
Sister: I think I want it t be pink and green,
Me: Oh - it'll be darling. I'll sew for you. KitKat, can you pick up that cereal?
Sweet Sister: What?
Me: Nothing. Is Husband excited?
Sister: Yes! He can't wait.
Me: Don't touch that. Have ya'll told mom and dad yet?
Sister: I tried to call them but no one answered.
Me: Pardon me. Oops.(whispering to sister) I just clipped the heels of that sweet old lady with my grocery cart. Have ya'll told mom and dad yet?
Sister: I tried to call them but no one answered. I'll try them again in a little while.
Me: AA, can you grab a pack of hotdogs, please?
KitKat, get your peanut butter and your jelly.
Can I call you back? I'm about to check out. But hey, congratulations! Love you. I'll call you right back, when I get to the car."
And two days later, I remember, "I told my sister I'd call her right back. ( Did she say she's having a girl?)"
It must be exhausting to have a conversation with me! My sister probably needs a nap after she gets off the phone!
So I think I'll keep up the blog AND call my mom.
Thanking God today for my sweet mom and my sweet sisters and friends who continue to call me even when they can harldy get a word in!
I'm sure there are a few people out there who LOVE the fact that they can't hear my children in the background. When I'm talking to my sisters on the phone, it goes something like this.
Sister: Hey. What are you up to?
Me: I'm walking into Kroger.
Sister: I found out I'm having a GIRL!
Me: Oh, sister, I'm so happy for you!! I can't wait to meet her!
Me: No.
Sister: No what?
Me: I was talking to AAA. She asked for Teddy Grahams. No.
Sister: Now no what?
Me: Sunshine was asking for fruit roll ups. Hand on just a second. KitKAt, take that out of the basket. Everyone put a hand on the basket and let's stay focused. O.kay. Sorry. I'm back. Now what were you saying?
Sister: I'm gonna have a girl.
Me: Oh I'm so happy for you. I want to help decorate the nursery. Stop that.
Sister: Stop what.
Me: Oh Lil Man just pulled KitKat's hair to get her attention. Sorry. So how many weeks are you? AA, grab some Apple Juice and put it in the buggy please. But back to the nursery. Have you thought about it?
Sister: I think I want it t be pink and green,
Me: Oh - it'll be darling. I'll sew for you. KitKat, can you pick up that cereal?
Sweet Sister: What?
Me: Nothing. Is Husband excited?
Sister: Yes! He can't wait.
Me: Don't touch that. Have ya'll told mom and dad yet?
Sister: I tried to call them but no one answered.
Me: Pardon me. Oops.(whispering to sister) I just clipped the heels of that sweet old lady with my grocery cart. Have ya'll told mom and dad yet?
Sister: I tried to call them but no one answered. I'll try them again in a little while.
Me: AA, can you grab a pack of hotdogs, please?
KitKat, get your peanut butter and your jelly.
Can I call you back? I'm about to check out. But hey, congratulations! Love you. I'll call you right back, when I get to the car."
And two days later, I remember, "I told my sister I'd call her right back. ( Did she say she's having a girl?)"
It must be exhausting to have a conversation with me! My sister probably needs a nap after she gets off the phone!
So I think I'll keep up the blog AND call my mom.
Thanking God today for my sweet mom and my sweet sisters and friends who continue to call me even when they can harldy get a word in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That is great...I was laughing so hard over the phone conversation with your sister....I swear...nothings easy about being a mom!
AND blogging is a great way to communicate with out the interruptions.(:
Please tell Julie that if she is not on my side, please don't comment.☺ And I'm gonna hold you to the 5 phone calls a day. Didn't you find this morning's conversation awkward? Everything you were telling me I already knew from reading your blog. I'd much rather here it first and firsthand, and then we can both laugh hysterically and simutaneously (and I don't have to worry about grammar or spelling). Kiss all my babies for me. Love, mom
Oh, my lord! I can't wait to tell Julee to log back on and read mimi's comment. That is awesome, I understand your feelings Mimi but it is ever so hard to gather your thoughts when you are in the grocery store with all of the little shoppers by your side. I hope that T will fing a balance between blogging and calling her mom because I look forward to her story telling every day. I can't wait for her to tell the story about the pennies!
Yes, Mimi...whatever you say.(:
Tiff, ooops! I promise I will be nice from now on.
Julie, I was only kidding - tongue and cheek - that's why I put the happy face. I should have added L.O.L.
Elizabeth, what pennies? See what I mean? I used to be the first in the know and felt so special - now I'm just one of the girls. ☺☺l.o.l.
Julee- Thanks for agreeing with ME!
Elizabeth - Thanks for the back-up support!
Love this!! Mimi, I hope you will come to town and we will all get to meet you.
T, thanks for not mentioning the other errand, I had conveniently forgotten that one.
No hard feelings, Mimi...I promise. I feel the love.(:
t called and told me to come check out all the drama ! :) I am luaghing hysterically not becasue of all the drama but becasuse my mother knows what lol means!!!???
Post a Comment