Monday, July 13, 2009

Fun Times (no, really)

M and I headed to the metropolis of Phenix City Saturday night, along with another couple, to see The Marshall Tucker Band.



Good times were had despite the fact that:



1. we got lost along the way

2. they were sold out and we had to sit OUTSIDE of the amphitheater

3. the lead singer's voice was SHOT!

4. drunk girls sang on stage

5. rednecks were everywhere

6. all they had to drink was Budweiser

7. they didn't even sing the one song I came to hear!


I wish you could have seen us asking for directions outside of the Family Dollar in Phenix City.

"Excuse me, sir. Do you know where the amphitheater is?" All of a sudden there are three or four people pointing in different directions. Then they started arguing with each other, "Fool, they going' to the amphitheater! They take a LEFT at KFC!"

Elizabeth started giggling. M told her later, "Next time, don't start laughing until AFTER I roll up the window."

We finally arrived at the amphitheater. Unfortunately we were late and they were sold out of tickets. But that's okay, we had a great spot right outside of the gate.






About halfway into the concert, as people were leaving (because their ears hurt since the lead singer's voice inflicted pain onto the human ear), the local Barney Fife let us go in for free! Yay!!

Elizabeth and I "people watched". We learned a little bit about "what not to wear". Although as M later pointed out, "If you're getting your fashion advice from Phenix City, something ain't right." Although he did point out to me, "Um, please don't wear a dress like that when you're fifty." No problem.

And if you're sitting here wondering, "Who in the heck is The Marchall Tucker Band?!" , they are the ones who sing, "Can't ya see, Can't ya see.....What that woman (da da da da) She been doin' to me". That's their best song. And guess what....THEY DIDN'T EVEN SING IT!


But like I said, despite the list mentioned above, we actually had a blast! For these reasons:

1. the weather was awesome

2. the Mexican food was the best I've ever had (I am not lying!)

3. the Budweiser was cold and I was thirsty

4. we got in FREE

5. at least the flutist guy could sing

6. Elizabeth and Joe are FUN!

7.and the skinny redneck a few rows in front of us loved The Marshall Tucker Band so much that it warmed my heart!


(I bet Joe is going to be mad that I posted this picture!)

4 comments:

Julee H. Nappier said...

Sounds as fun as our trip to VL! LOL

Mary Michael said...

Ok - So I got the scoop on the band from Ash...he told me to warn you not to get too excited because whenever he has seen them they inflicted pain on the ear! Why? Because most of the original memebers have died. Glad you had a good time regardless! Love ya!

Elizabeth said...

They sang "Can't ya see", they didn't sing "Heard It In a Love Song".
Anyway, we really had a lot of fun with yall and hope we can do something again soon.

Tiffany said...

Elizabeth - You are SO right. M corrected me too! Let's start looking for our next concert!