Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Greetings from Stone Mountain! (although this pic was actually taken in the parking lot by a big rock!)



FUN, FUN, FUN at the Brave's game!




"Not so fun" while the sun was beaming in our direction:


"Yummy fun" at The Varsity (of course Kit Kat left hungry because "that chicken looks nasty and so do those french fries):
L'il Man working it on the climbing wall:
Look at that girl go:
At the laser show:



On Sunday, the family and I set out on a little road trip to Stone Mountain, Georgia. I haven't decided yet if I recommend it.

Sunday night was definitely my favorite time on the mountain. They had an awesome laser show against the side of the mountain, complete with fireworks, Sweet Home Alabama, and "Georgia" by Ray Charles and Willie Nelson. So what's not to like?! The weather was perfect, the music was great, the general mood was one of patriotism mixed with Southern pride. I LIKED it. Unfortunately, it was downhill from there (except for the Brave's game!)


Monday was okay. One thing is for sure...Stone Mountain is NOT the Magic Kingdom! No smiles, "Welcome to Stone Mountain"'s, no valet, no perfectly manicured bushes, no music in the background, no "Thank You"'s, no direction. Just some rude, under-paid, over-heated employees who didn't want to look up from their texting to see what you needed.

But Monday night...OMGosh!! I had never been to a Braves game before Monday night and let me tell ya...I have been missing out on some fun! It was a complete BLAST! I am officially a Braves fan! I may even get a dog and name him "Chipper"! The kids had SO MUCH FUN! And I felt like a kid myself!


Go to The Varsity before you go to the game! The kids loved it - it was fun, exciting, yummy, something new and different.



And now I'm at the end of this post, and I still haven't decided if I recommend Stone Mountain. I guess I don't. But then, again, maybe I should ask the kids. They enjoyed it. I didn't like the actual park, but I liked everything outside of it. There was a quaint little downtown area in Stone Mountain (the actual town, not he park) with a yummy little Italian restaurant. On the way back from dinner, we pulled off on the side of the road, took our shoes off, and played in the creek. I'd much rather do something like that than stand in line for 45 minutes to climb a fake wall. The trip was economical, so I can't complain about that. And the hotel in the park was actually really nice. So I guess if you're looking for a quick, economical staycation, I do recommend Stone Mountain, but be sure to go to a Brave's game while you are there! Don't just go for Stone Mountain.

No comments: