Friday, July 17, 2009
Having a bad day?? Read this.
There is a little girl, Macey King, who lives in New York and has cancer. I was introduced to her CaringBridge site through Carly Parker's site. The King family is incredible. Macey's faith and wisdom is astounding for a ten year old little girl. She obviously comes by it naturally as her parents are two beautiful people with an amazing faith. I write in their journal often and tell them that I feel like they are a part of our family although we've never even met them. They have touched my life in many ways. The children and I pray for Macey every night and I check her Caring Bridge site each time it is updated. I've been doing this for over a year now and I honestly feel a special connection to the King family. It's rare that leave the computer with dry eyes after reading their journal.
As I read what Kim, Macey's mom, wrote today, I felt so ashamed of myself. How often do I lose my patience or feel frustrated with my life over the simplest of things?!
Read what Kim wrote today after she administered chemotherapy to her ten year old daughter while her toddler, Sammy, reeked havoc and ran wild:
There was one day where he was tearing stuff apart and as I ran, with my thick purple chemo gloves on to stop him, I starting getting frustrated by the inconvenience of this illness and toddlerhood mixed together. I quickly remembered a program I had heard the day before on the radio about the people in Northern Uganda who have to wait with 5000 other people to get to clean water from one well. It had occurred to me when I was listening that with that culture climate they wouldn’t have the medical care that we do and that I am so lucky to be able to give my daughter medicine that makes her better. They love their children every bit as much as I do.
Everything is so relative to our expectations of life and what we think we deserve. So I thought, while Macey is feeling good and Sammy isn’t actually burning down our house, I should be grateful for what I have and the country I live in and so many other privileges I have in this modern day. God could have put us anywhere, in any time in history, and He chose now and here so who am I to have a better plan. This plan suites just what we need.
I'm kind of at a loss for words.
Feel free to visit Macey's site and give her a word of encouragement. I am sure, however, that YOU will be the one who feels strengthened, blessed, and encouraged after reading her story.http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/maceyking
Thanking God today for the blessing of healthy children. And for perspective.
As I read what Kim, Macey's mom, wrote today, I felt so ashamed of myself. How often do I lose my patience or feel frustrated with my life over the simplest of things?!
Read what Kim wrote today after she administered chemotherapy to her ten year old daughter while her toddler, Sammy, reeked havoc and ran wild:
There was one day where he was tearing stuff apart and as I ran, with my thick purple chemo gloves on to stop him, I starting getting frustrated by the inconvenience of this illness and toddlerhood mixed together. I quickly remembered a program I had heard the day before on the radio about the people in Northern Uganda who have to wait with 5000 other people to get to clean water from one well. It had occurred to me when I was listening that with that culture climate they wouldn’t have the medical care that we do and that I am so lucky to be able to give my daughter medicine that makes her better. They love their children every bit as much as I do.
Everything is so relative to our expectations of life and what we think we deserve. So I thought, while Macey is feeling good and Sammy isn’t actually burning down our house, I should be grateful for what I have and the country I live in and so many other privileges I have in this modern day. God could have put us anywhere, in any time in history, and He chose now and here so who am I to have a better plan. This plan suites just what we need.
I'm kind of at a loss for words.
Feel free to visit Macey's site and give her a word of encouragement. I am sure, however, that YOU will be the one who feels strengthened, blessed, and encouraged after reading her story.http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/maceyking
Thanking God today for the blessing of healthy children. And for perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow!! Does make you think.
We are so lucky and blessed. I SO take things for granted though...thisreminds me of that.
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment