Thursday, September 3, 2009

Beat!

I was hoping to have something to blog about, but my brain is too tired and my body is even more tired than my brain. So I'll be interested to see what I blog about. :)

Why am I so tired, you ask? Well...I've had a seven year old boy at home all week with a fever and a broken arm. Actually, let me re-state that. This seven year old little boy runs a fever each morning before school, then I give him 2 teaspoons of Ibuprofen and he never runs a fever again. And I'm beginning to wonder if Ibuprofen is laced with some sort of hyper-active drug in it. Because not only does this seven year old broken -armed boy not run a fever for the rest of the day, but he is so hyper that I think I want to pluck my left eye out. Hyper and goofy. I can only laugh for so long. He starts off funny but after the tenth time of him showing me how to "do the sprinkler" (dance) with a broken arm, it's just not that funny already. But that doesn't keep him from laughing! Which actually does make me laugh. But only because I'm easily entertained since I've been confined to my home for several days in a row!

M has been off all week, so in an effort to show him what I do all day when he's not here (ha!) , I kick it up a notch so he'll be impressed by my wifely and motherly duties. I hope he's impressed because I'm worn out. (No...not those wifely duties! This is a family-friendly blog!)

A few weeks ago, AAA mentioned to him that we were going to paint her bedroom. I heard him say something like, "There are too many other things we need to do around here, I don't think we'll be painting your room." But today he and Sunshine left early in the morning to go see M's parents. And I had a plan. In fact, I already had the paint mixed (yesterday) and ready to go. So at 7:23 when M and Sunshine pulled out of the drive, I poured the paint into the liner and got busy. I'm talking real busy! I didn't know I could paint so fast! I took lots of short cuts. I didn't even have time to locate a screwdriver to remove the outlet covers and light switch plates. I grabbed a butter knife and went to work (that is SO "my mom")! I didn't use a ladder either. I stood on the dresser, the bed, and her hope chest. No drop cloth. Just a roller, a paint brush, and some paint. And it looks pretty good, too. No spills, no drips, no splatters. I'll post a picture in the next day or two. I still have to sew a dust ruffle and pillows for her bed. I have the fabric, but no real plan yet.


Well...that's way more than I planned to share. I hope I didn't put you to sleep. I feel like I should buy you a T-shirt, "I logged on to Tiffany's blog and all I got was this lousy post!"

Hope you have a great weekend. Y'all ready for some football?!?

(I just can't bring myself to write "War Eagle!")

1 comment:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Came over from Holly's blog to see your sister's house. Wow, it's just beautiful. I'm also in B'ham, small world.