Friday, September 4, 2009
Shew!
I sent my Li'l Man back to school this morning. He had been fever free for two whole days and said he felt fine. I checked on him this afternoon and he looked GREAT! His teacher told me that she was so proud of him because he made a 100 on his spelling test and a 100 on his subject/predicate test, despite the fact that he hadn't been in school all week.
So this afternoon after school, all of the neighborhood kids were playing in our yard. AAA and I ran errands (because it's Sunshine's b'day tomorrow and we needed to buy her Zoo Zoo the hamster, which is sold out everywhere!) and returned around 4:45. I had to be somewhere at 5:00, so I was only home long enough to make a tomato sandwich. However, I noticed that I didn't see L'il Man. I didn't think much of it really. There were several kids on the swings and I assumed he was either in the fort or the playhouse. However, I casually asked M, "Where's L'il Man?" He said, "I don't know. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen him in awhile. " Since we just had our cable installed this week, I checked the TV room. No L'il Man. Then I checked the computer room. No sign of him. By now I was starting to hit panic but I wasn't letting it be known. A thousand things raced through my mind. I yelled out into the backyard and told all of the kids to "Find Lil Man!" M and I both yelled for him, inside and outside. All of the neighbors were at our house, so I knew he wouldn't be at their houses. Nevertheless, I sent AAA to all of the neighbors. At this point, I can tell that even M has hit the panic button, but he still didn't want me to know how concerned he was since I have a tendency to LOSE IT when I panic.
M ran upstairs to check the bathroom. I'm sure he was thinking the same thing I was - that maybe, just maybe, he was in the bathroom with the door shut and the fan on and couldn't hear us call his name. I heard his footsteps walk away from the bathroom and my heart sank. Then I heard him yell, "I found him. He's asleep on the hardwood floor in his bedroom." I was so relieved. But confused, as well. I woke him up and put him in his bed. (Meanwhile, all of the neighbors are still looking for him). He was burning up! I asked him, "Buddy, did you mean to come upstairs and fall asleep on the floor?" He just replied, "I didn't feel good." God love him.
I love that little fella! He's so precious! He'd be mad at me for telling y'all that he's "precious." He'd say, "No I'm not!" "Precious" must be insulting to a 7 year old boy. But I'm telling you... he. is. precious.
Go hug your precious little boys really tight!
Night Night!
So this afternoon after school, all of the neighborhood kids were playing in our yard. AAA and I ran errands (because it's Sunshine's b'day tomorrow and we needed to buy her Zoo Zoo the hamster, which is sold out everywhere!) and returned around 4:45. I had to be somewhere at 5:00, so I was only home long enough to make a tomato sandwich. However, I noticed that I didn't see L'il Man. I didn't think much of it really. There were several kids on the swings and I assumed he was either in the fort or the playhouse. However, I casually asked M, "Where's L'il Man?" He said, "I don't know. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen him in awhile. " Since we just had our cable installed this week, I checked the TV room. No L'il Man. Then I checked the computer room. No sign of him. By now I was starting to hit panic but I wasn't letting it be known. A thousand things raced through my mind. I yelled out into the backyard and told all of the kids to "Find Lil Man!" M and I both yelled for him, inside and outside. All of the neighbors were at our house, so I knew he wouldn't be at their houses. Nevertheless, I sent AAA to all of the neighbors. At this point, I can tell that even M has hit the panic button, but he still didn't want me to know how concerned he was since I have a tendency to LOSE IT when I panic.
M ran upstairs to check the bathroom. I'm sure he was thinking the same thing I was - that maybe, just maybe, he was in the bathroom with the door shut and the fan on and couldn't hear us call his name. I heard his footsteps walk away from the bathroom and my heart sank. Then I heard him yell, "I found him. He's asleep on the hardwood floor in his bedroom." I was so relieved. But confused, as well. I woke him up and put him in his bed. (Meanwhile, all of the neighbors are still looking for him). He was burning up! I asked him, "Buddy, did you mean to come upstairs and fall asleep on the floor?" He just replied, "I didn't feel good." God love him.
I love that little fella! He's so precious! He'd be mad at me for telling y'all that he's "precious." He'd say, "No I'm not!" "Precious" must be insulting to a 7 year old boy. But I'm telling you... he. is. precious.
Go hug your precious little boys really tight!
Night Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment