Wednesday, September 9, 2009

P.S. I made this.

I met my sister (Vintage) at Cracker Barrel this morning. She was on a return trip home from Atlanta. I gave her a load of stuff for Vintage and Vavoom. I've been a little pressed for time lately as I've been re-doing bedrooms, but I did have time to make this cute (if I do say so myself) lifesaver ring. Since it's going closer to the coast , I though "BEACH" would be more appropriate, but I think it would be just as cute if you stenciled "LAKE" on it.

I just wrapped jute rope (from Hobby Lobby) around a styrofoam lifesaver. I secured it in place with floral picks. Then I attached burlap strips to the lifesaver (with floral picks) and stenciled "BEACH" with white acrylic paint and a foam brush. Time consuming but very easy.


And cheap. Maybe $3 for the styrpfoam ring, $5 for the rope.

No comments: