Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ghetto Martha Stewart




I don't know why I have this compulsion to air my "dirty laundry" on my blog...but I do!
Here is a picture of the mirror that I hung on AAA's wall about 3 months ago. Eventually I'm sure I'll get around to scraping the rest of the spray paint off. When I bought the mirror on sale at Kirkland's, I knew that it was the wrong color but the right size. So I bought it with the intention painting the gold frame white. I hung it on her wall for a few months with the gold frame. Eventually the gold frame quit bothering me because I had grown accustomed to it. However, company was coming...and you know what that means. Time to spruce up! So I spray-painted the mirror but never really got around to finishing the job before the company arrived. I should have just left it gold because that sure looks a whole lot worse than a gold frame!

AA had two little friends spend the night the other night. I overheard one of the girls ask AA, "WHO painted your mirror?" She replied, rather sheepishly, "My mom. Doesn't it look so messy?" Well obviously I'm not done! Surely they know that. But maybe not.

Well now I'm inspired to finish it. Maybe I'll post a picture of the finished product by the end of the week. Wait a minute...did I just say "finished project"? I thought that was an oxy moron.

I'm notorious for starting a project - or two or three - and never really finishing them. We'll see.

2 comments:

Julee H. Nappier said...

I'm with you on that! I get on these "kicks" and then leave stuff undone...oh well!

Mary Michael said...

That gene runs rampid (sp?) in our family. I just can't handle doing a task at a time or actually finishing one! I must have so mnay at one time that I get completely overhwlemed and quit all of them incomplete! LOL I mean thats normal...right!?